Friday, September 5, 2008

Little more on calories

Well, as I mentioned I need to increase those calories a tad. I have a plan, and its simple..lol.. eat more. Seriously, I need to take one more meal. The plan now is to have 5-6 smaller meals every 3 hours. Gotta keep the metabolism firing and the body burning. Fat burning is all about heat, and heat in the body is generated by a raging metabolism. My metabolism has been low, comes from infrequent meals and a sedentary lifestyle. That will change but it won't change overnight.

The thing is, and alot of people trying to lose weight for the first time can't accept, is that to lose you must eat. Eating is natural, we are designed to eat and process. Humans are also designed with a failsafe. If the body feels it is starving, it stores food, it holds onto those fat reserves for dear life. From an evolutionary standpoint this makes perfect sense. Our earlier steps on the evolutionary ladder may have had no idea when or where the next meal was coming from, it was a feast or famine mentality and its one that has lasted to our modern times. Thing is, for those of us lucky enough to be in the western world the idea of NOT having access to food at all times is unheard of.

Well, I went a bit off there...lol... I tend to do that and the more you read my blog the more you will see that happen.

Off for an afternoon with my lovely wife now until son number one is done school!

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online